For your listening enjoyment - New Monsoon
.
Note: Blogger page display lacks definition and crops the landscape oriented photos.
For best quality and full size click on individual photos or click one and use the scroll wheel to view all.
.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

New Camera!

I finally was able to get my dream camera - Canon EOS T2i, 18 megapixel digital SLR with 18-55mm and 55-250mm image stabilized zoom lenses. Here are some of the first test shots along with a few artsy things derived from photos with the camera. Due to the huge 11-12MB sizes of the files I've had to reduce their sizes to facilitate uploading in a timely manner.

 Renaissance Tower 
Sacramento's first high-rise office building.
Lens at 28mm, building 2 blocks away

Closeup of the Renaissance Tower 
Shot from the same location, lens at 250mm
Color saturation and contrast have been adjusted.

Another closeup - same specs as above.

Balconies at the Citizen's Hotel
(Hotel photos various lens settings, 1 block away)

Details of the Citizen's Hotel.
(Cables are for earthquake protection)

Fire escape at the Citizen's Hotel
(Built in 1926, at 14 stories tall this was one of the tallest buildings before the Renaissance Tower)

Railing at the new City Hall

Bridge at confluence of the North and Middle forks of the American River

Foresthill Bridge over the North Fork American River
(This bridge was built in anticipation of the Auburn Dam.
Discovery of numerous earthquake faults at the dam site stop construction of the dam.)


Mushrooms in Libby's lawn

Horns at the Santa parade
(This and the following pictures were taken from the second floor of the parking garage at 11th and I streets. The garage is reflected in the horns. Subjects were approximately 75feet away.)






Rin's new van.



13 comments :

  1. Hey! Did I just get marked as spam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, see if I come here again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No - You're not spam...

    I fixed the filter thingy, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The camera is even more impressive when the pictures are full size, but at around 11MB each I have to shrink them down or it takes for ever to upload them. And that's as JPGs. In Raw mode the files are HUGE!

    Also, I used to see a counter of how much bandwidth I had remaining for loading pictures into Blogger. I no longer see that. I wonder if they now don't have a limit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's still there on my blog. The window for photo uploads suddenly doesn't show the whole upload page and I have to scroll down to hit the upload button, but down there on the bottom with the button it tells you how much you've used of your limit.

    If you want to start from scratch, open another Gmail account and switch this blog onto that account... or... you can delete old images on any of your blogs and that will drop you back down on your total.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is really screwed up - it's now sending you to moderation and sending me emails asking what to do with your comments. When I hit "Post" it takes me to the sign in page. I sign in and then it takes me to the sign in page again.

    Checking my settings again - I'm sure I set everything to not moderate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now it made me sign in again just to post that last comment, even though I am already signed in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK - You should be good now - moderation was set for posts older than 14 days which includes this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The memory counter shows up if I use the insert photo under the HTML tab, but not under the Compose tab. For a while you could only load photos under the Compose tab - the choice was gone from the HTML tab. Recently I noticed it was back at the HTML tab.

    I'm only at 29% so I have a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay. I have stuck stolidly to using the html mode. Everything they offer for my convenience ends up taking away my individuality, making my blog look like someone else is producing it. So I just swallowed any urges for convenience and write my own code. Still, I am incapable of ORGANIZING my thoughts in ADVANCE of posting all but the simplest things and there doesn't seem to be any code or any buttons for THAT.

    ReplyDelete